This policy explains the approach of the Banyule Hawks Basketball Club (the Club) to refunds of registration fees, game day fee payments paid in advance and other payments made to the Club.
- When refunds will be considered
Within seven days of the closing of registrations, a registration can be withdrawn and money paid refunded.
Otherwise, refunds will only be made in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the Club’s committee. Such circumstances may include:
- Player illness or injury that means the payer cannot play for at least six consecutive games. A medical certificate may be required.
- Relocation of the player of the player’s family more than 20 km from the Macleod YMCA.
- When refunds will not be considered
Registration of a player is a commitment to playing the entire season to which the registration applies. Withdrawal of a player after registration can impact team structure, venue planning, coaching and grading. Players who cannot commit to the season should not register.
Specifically (and without limitation), refunds are not offered for:
- Change of mind
- Disapproval of the team to which a player is allocated
- Disapproval of the coach allocated to a player’s team
- Disapproval of the team number or grade
- Inability to train at the allocated time or venue
- Conflicting commitments
- Basketball Victoria sanctions being imposed on the player, parent or associate.
- Refund process
Requests for refunds will be considered on a case by case basis. Requests for refunds are to be sent by email to email@example.com and contain the following information:
- Players name
- Parent/guardian’s name
- Contact details
- Current age group and team
- Detail reason for request
All requestors will be notified in writing once decision has been made.
All refunds will be subject to a $20 administration fee. If approved by the Club, refunds will be calculated on the basis of remaining games less the administration fee. Refunds will only be paid to the account of the person who paid the fee.
- Reviewing this policy
This policy will be reviewed every two years and the Club seek views, comments and suggestions from members of the Club.
Approved By: Banyule Hawks Basketball Club Committee
Endorsed On: 4 August 2019
Date for Review: 4 August 2021